The tooth is one of the most essentials parts of the body for the human being and huge numbers different animals. It’s unnecessary to say that without having teeth, life becomes impossible for them who chew. So, keeping the teeth well-nurtured should be a mandatory task.
We, the human, know the necessity and the way of caring for our teeth, but the animals don’t. It’s our responsibility to help them to keep their teeth clean and safe, especially when it’s about our pets (e.g. dog), as their dental hygiene is a variable to the overall safety of our families.
Never forget, keeping the teeth cleaned is a vital pet care and safety management, failure of which can be a threat to our total family safety. Here in this article, we would try to find out the answer to the question-
How To Clean Dog Teeth At Home?
Be sure that cleaning the dog’s teeth at home is not much different from what we do to ensure our teeth cleanliness and hygiene. Perhaps, you’ve got the point that we are focusing on regular brushing. If you ignore this regular process for your dog, you might feel it necessary to extract the teeth of your beloved dog due to toothaches and other problems, which we think should be avoided.
However, let’s go through the points on the brushing and other tips on regular home maintenance for dog’s teeth-
- Most of the pet owners make a bit late to start the grooming or training their dogs for brushing. Start to build up the habit of brushing your beloved buddy (dog) when it’s young. That means- starts when it’s a Puppy. Otherwise, it would be a little bit tiresome to make him used to brush once fully grown up.
A dog has total 5 teething stages-
Losing Baby Teeth,
Four Month Molars,
Six Month Teeth,
and Adult Teeth.
At only 3 months of age, the Puppy loses its baby teeth or milk teeth. In around four months of its age, the adult molars (adult teeth) start to grow. And, this is the pick point when you should start to build the brushing habit. Never brush when the Puppy still has its milk teeth; that would make its mouth sore for brushing.
- Before you start brushing your dog’s teeth with a toothbrush, rub the gums of your dog by your fingers at first. Once the dog is habituated to the rubbing, you can introduce a toothbrush in its mouth.
- Brushing once in a day is more than enough for your dog. Even, you can do it thrice in a week. Try to follow a regular schedule for brushing.
You can’t follow perfectly from the first time. But your continuous try will train the dog to be used to it. Never try to brush the teeth when the dog is agitated or too angry, let them be calm first.
- Use pet toothbrush and toothpaste for the purpose. For a smaller dog (not more than 30 pounds), you can use a finger toothbrush, but for a bigger one, obviously, use a toothbrush that has a long handle. Be cautious about the toothpaste!
For your kind information if you don’t know that the toothpaste must not contain meant ingredients as this might cause the digestive problem to your dog. You will find gourmet toothpaste coming in yummy flavors in the pet store; use that for your beloved dog.
- While brushing the teeth, ensure a 45 degree angle. Brushing in this angle will allow to loosen and remove much amount of dental plaque and bacteria there.
- Follow a circular motion while you’re moving across the gum line. You may see a slight amount of bleeding, which is normal, so don’t be afraid of that unless it bleeds excessive. In that case of excessive bleeding, we suggest you visit a vet.
- Concentrate each of the teeth separately while brushing. The canines and back teeth contain most of the plaque, so concentrate there more. Try to brush inside part of the teeth, but don’t push too much.
- While brushing, you can talk to your dog so that it gets calm and responsive. Rewarding him after brushing will make your dog more used to it.
Brushing is important for a dog, but it’s more important to make him used to it and maintain the most comfortable way for your dog while brushing.
Be careful about a fact when you brush its teeth that you’re brushing his teeth not yours, so consider and follow every possible way for him, even if it’s a little bit uncomfortable for you.
We’re listening from you. ..
Have something to say about this article? Don’t forget to let us know about your thoughts.
static.boredpanda.com, housetodecor.com, boldsky.com
Originally posted 2022-09-25 10:48:26.