Trimming your dog’s hair is one of the main parts of its grooming. You can do it yourself or can go to an expert. When it comes to clipping for the first time of a Puppy, it’s better to take help from a professional groomer. Other than that, you can do it yourself at home using scissor or clipper according to your own expertise and dog’s type. In this article, we will brief the fundamental facts about trimming a dog at home with a set of scissors.
But, you should be concerned about the cleanliness of your home while trimming the dog. Never trim on a carpeted floor or even near to a carpet, especially a shag carpet. If you do that by mistake or the trimmed hair goes deep down the carpet that will be hassling. In that case, there will be nothing other than using a vacuum cleaner special for deep carpet cleaning session. However, let’s focus on having the information about dog hair trimming with scissors.
Trim With Scissors
If you want to give your dog a quick and complete home trim, then use a set of scissors. It will give you an opportunity to quick trim, but you must ensure perfect brushing out (of the dog hair) before starting the cutting. Otherwise, the hair may be cut unevenly which will make the total look bad. However, it’s your duty to make the dog comfortable before you start trimming it with the scissor or shear. Try to know the fur length and get a suitable pair of scissors.
Never start trimming unless you’ve got your dog in a cooperating situation. It may ignore to cooperate if it’s not used to the scissors and its cutting sound. What you need to do is to introduce with the scissors first. Allow the dog to sniff the scissors and other cutting stuff so that it can get rid of the apprehensive situation arose out of having a scissor near to its body, especially the sensitive parts. Once the dog is used to having scissors near its hair and body, you may follow the way of cutting stated below-
- The first thing is to brush the hair to tail from the top in the fur direction. In the long fur areas, e.g., dog’s beard, you should work out to get rid of the knots.
- Start from the top (head) of your dog. Trim at any length with the shears as you feel suitable. While trimming the head area, use a scissor that has a short blade to trim the area around the eyes.
- Be careful when you trim the ear area. Your finger should be placed at the tip of the eye as a safeguard of the ear and surrounding skin. The Trim both top and underneath of the ear. Cut in a straight line following the curve of the ear.
- Then come to the chest and neck areas. Cut the extra hair as you think right. This area is thicker compared to most other areas; you can use thinning scissor for shaving here. Never forget to hold the scissors parallel to the dog’s skin when you point them down there. You should blend the fur at the meantime of cutting the hair using a comb or brush.
- Go to the legs and use the scissors to trim the hair along with the backside feathers. Be very careful when you run the scissor in the toes.
- Keep the scissors parallel when you use them to cut the dog’s side. Thin the hair density as much as you want.
- Go to the tail and brush before cutting so that the fur gets hanged down. Cut the length by holding the tail out.
- At the last phase, brush the total dog’s body again and check if there are any irregularities and correct them.
Trimming is an occasional task but quite necessary for your dog’s beauty and hygiene. It’s not that much tough if you see few times practically someone doing this and be careful enough. Once you do it, it would be simple for you for the next times. The main task is to keep the calm and cooperative. Put your full concern there and ensure the maximum comfort for your dog. It’s all about trimming with scissors; we will explain the way to be followed when you use a clipper to shave your dog in any of our upcoming articles.
static.boredpanda.com, housetodecor.com, boldsky.com